- Clients should expect the session to be customized to meet their individual needs. Therapists will only perform modalities and treatments during sessions that they are qualified to do and that they have discussed with the client. Massage therapists do not diagnose illnesses or do any spinal adjustments. Referrals to other medical professionals are offered on a needed basis, including but not limited to any abnormalities (moles, lumps, alignment issues etc). If the client wishes to share their health history with another practitioner or health care provider a Release of Health History form must be signed by the client, indicating to whom the files may be shared. Accurate records are kept by the therapist and reviewed before each session. Privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times. Clients may view their files at any time. There is a service fee of $5 for copies of medical transcripts.
- Any acute infections are contraindicated for massage. Clients may never be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during sessions. Any prescription narcotics are also contraindicated for massage.
- Any minors (those under the age of 18) must have a parent or guardian sign a consent form before services can be provided.
- Every client is equally respected regardless of their age, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, body type, weight, political affiliation, state of health or personal habits. However, in order to keep the space therapeutic, please refrain from voicing strong opinions on matters of consequence.
- The therapist is not liable for any lost items. If any items are found they are kept safe until claimed.
- Every session is entirely nonsexual. The therapist maintains a safe and professional environment at all times. Strict boundaries are maintained between client and therapist both in and out of session. Clients will remain draped at all times during the session. Only the parts of the body being worked on are exposed at any time. Any inappropriate behavior and any violation of boundaries will cause the session to be ended immediately and the client will be barred from all further services. If the therapist has terminated the session for such reasons, the client is still expected to pay in full for their session.
- Cancelation Policy
I understand that unanticipated events happen occasionally in everyone’s life. In our desire to be effective and fair to all clients, the following policies are honored:
24 hour advance notice is required when cancelling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to give us 24 hours advance notice you will be charged 50% of the amount of your appointment. This amount must be paid prior to your next scheduled appointment. If the therapist does not give full notice in cancelling an appointment, there will be a 50% reduction to your next appointment.
Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment for whatever reason will be considered a “no-show.” They will be charged for their “missed” appointment. If for any reason the therapist is unable to make the appointment they will do everything in their power to contact you at the earliest possible moment.
- Late Arrivals
If you arrive late, your session may be shortened in order to accommodate others whose appointments follow yours. Depending upon how late you arrive, your therapist will then determine if there is enough time remaining to start a treatment. Regardless of the length of the treatment actually given, you will be responsible for the “full” session. Out of respect and consideration to your therapist and other customers, please plan accordingly and be on time.
I look forward to serving you!